Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Closing Time

It's March 1st, and the lease on my apartment is up at the end of the month. I am beyond excited to leave. Of course, there have been great times at LBT^2, but I came into it during turmoil and the negativity stayed. It was almost tangible. It never felt like "home" to me, but then again, no place ever has (thanks for the nomad lifestyle, dad). Instead, I felt like it was a 'crash pad,' which I suppose it was most of the time. LBT^2 housed 2 different friends when they needed a place to go, on top of the countless slumber parties where people were too drunk to leave and I was too drunk to care. But at the end of every day, when I walk through the door, there is no sense of relief, no sense of belonging (story of my life). There's something light and open about this new place, and I can't wait to call it home. It's cheaper, nicer (in my opinion, which in this case is the only one that
matters), close to my gym and closer to my best friend, and far enough away from the negativity that has plagued me for quite some time now. It's month to month, so I have no permanent ties, which is good for someone like me who is constantly drifting through life with no definite purpose. The point, of course, is to pay down my bills so I CAN have a purpose, or at least work toward one. Overall, I feel like I've been poisoned and am now finally starting to suck it all out of me. I just hope I don't spit it in anyone else's direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment