The decision that my fate rested in has finally been made-it's back to LBT for me. I'm beyond excited to be moving back to the first apartment I ever rented. So much of my life happened in the year and a half that Sam and I lived there...I dated a guy I didn't love in an attempt to get over one that I did, I got a job that taught me more about life and myself in six months than I'd learned in 20 years, I had a traumatic experience with someone that I thought meant something in my life, I got fired, and then everything crashed and burned. It was a strange time, January 2008-June 2009. And although I haven no interest in crazy partying anymore, it definitely was the foundation to quasi-alcoholism: a good portion of that time period was spent in a drunken coma (or in the inescapable hangover that followed)....a fair number of parties were hosted, and I'm sure that there were plenty of brown patches on the grass around the porch (stomach acid does that, I hear). But there was something "homey" about the place, and even though it never felt like "home" per se, it was pretty damn close. It's going to be strange to be living there without my sister, because I feel like that place is representative of both her and I together, not separate. I was never used to being alone until this past year at Grassy Plain, and it's a strange feeling to come home and not expect anyone else to be there. But this is going to be different-I'm no longer going to feel like I'm living in a hotel, in a place where I don't belong. I'm finally going to feel like I can be at peace. And peace, apparently, only costs $400-per-month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment