Saturday, February 19, 2011

And So It Begins

Tomorrow begins my 66 day challenge. While the goals are unnecessary to share with anyone, the point is clear-it takes 66 days to make a change become a habit. I have plenty of changes that need to be made (who doesn't?), but I'm starting with just a few to test my willpower. I suppose a test of willpower isn't necessary, because if I had any, I wouldn't need to do a 66 day challenge, but I digress. So far in life, I've always lived for the present. I ignore the past, because it hurts, and I don't count on the future, because it's not guaranteed. This way of living is idealistic and simply doesn't work. All 3 must be combined in order to form a well rounded view on life. I'm constantly stressing out about things that would be unnecessary to worry about if I hadn't messed them up in the first place. I also realize that much of the negative energy in my life can be attributed to my attempts to clean up messes that aren't mine. I'm always on the fence about that. Isn't it better to help others before yourself? Isn't putting yourself first selfish? Obviously yes, based on definition, but we're constantly being told "you can't help others until you help yourself." My entire life proves how false that cliché is.

No comments:

Post a Comment