I've been making great strides to get organized, but I have a LOT to go. I really could be doing a lot better, but I've been choosing to focus on the positive instead of the negative. Constantly beating myself up over what I'm NOT doing really brings me down and makes me feel like not doing anything at all. I'm making so many changes all at once, I'm bound to need a bit of time to adjust.
Speaking of changes, the saying "you are who your friends are" is actually true. The people you surround yourself with really effects who you are as a person. I just cannot keep negative people in my life. I understand that all humans have different personalities, but all people should have a basic level of respect and kindness for others. If you don't, I don't want you around me. I just cannot have the life drained out of me by people who don't care about anyone but themselves. I don't want to spend time with people who feel like they are the center of the universe. If you can't see the bigger picture, then I don't want to be in yours.
I've been spending a lot of time alone lately (by choice!), and instead of spiraling out of control like I used to during bouts of solitude, I've been being productive. I simply do not miss going out to the bar and staying up late damaging my organs only to wake up a few hours later to either work or vomit. I'm much happier leading "a simple kind of life"-reading, cleaning, cooking, watching the TV shows of my 'youth,' and spending time with the people that I love most. Isn't that what it's REALLY all about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment